What is the CTM? The CTM (Certificate of Tour Management) is proof of the existing skills and competencies as a Tour Manager/Tour Guide and provides a prestigious qualification awarded by a recognized training institution. In the past the CTM was awarded to Active Tour Managers / Tour Guides by taking an exam for a jury consisting of members of the touring world and a representative of the University of Breda. The cooperation with the latter was cancelled ten years ago, so IATM could no longer issue the CTMs.
Recently we have concluded an agreement with IVOR (Institute for Training in the Travel World), a recognized tourist training institute that from now on is offering a 2-day, CTM training course without examination.
The aim of this CTM training is to:
- gain understanding into group processes
- becoming aware of your professional role as Tour Manager
-use your communication skills in such a way that you can guide your group as efficiently as possible
- use your communications skills in a targeted manner to prevent or resolve conflicts
- give and receive feedback during discussion sessions
Topics that will be discussed include:
- to gain understanding into your own communication skills
- skills for Tour Managers
- dealing with resistance/bad news conversation
- problem solving conversation
- styles of management
- group processes